VICTORIAN HIGH-TECH CHURCH ROOF
The Grade 1 listed neo-French Gothic Church of the Holy Name on Oxford Road was completed in 1871. The innovative church roof used cheap, local materials like hollow terracotta pots to make the structure much lighter. We will use visual methods to explain the high-tech 'pot vault’ church roof and its history to reconnect a dispersed parish community with heritage & memory. Strengthening cultural identity is key to creating sustainable cities, and through this project, communities dispersed during mid C20 housing clearance will be able to reconnect with their heritage which will have positive impact on health, wellbeing, and social engagement.